The SYA Soccer Club has 5 dedicated soccer fields at three separate locations throughout Salisbury Township. Dodson Field is the location of a regulation U10 field, and is used exclusively as a practice location for all teams. Harry S Truman Elementary School hosts a U8 field also used for practice purposes only. Franko Farm Field is the home to our U10 / U12 Boys and Girls fields and the location where NVYSL games are played. We have two regulation size U10 fields and a regulation size U12 field.
The fields at Franko Farms are located off of Black River Road which is easily accessible from I-78 and Rts. 22 and 222.
From Rte. 22:
- Take Rte. 378 South Exit.
- Take Rte. 378 S. over Hill-to-Hill Bridge / Lehigh River.
- 1st traffic light immediately after Hill-to-Hill Bridge take a right onto 3rd Street.
- On 3rd St. heading west, past St. Luke’s Hospital Entry, 3rd St. becomes Delaware Ave. Delaware Ave comes to a “T” intersection at a traffic light, (St. Ursula’s Catholic Church is straight ahead), At the light take a right onto Broadway.
- Take Broadway up the hill. Stay in the left hand lane as you get to the top of the hill. At top of Hill, (just past Vallos Bakery on your left), turn left (across traffic) coming to a quick 4-way Stop Sign, (Bolete to your left). After 4-way Stop, proceed straight onto Emaus Ave.
- Take Emaus Ave (approx. 2.5 mi.) The old Allentown Goose Deli/Store appears on right hand side, followed by Eastern Salisbury Fire Department building on your left. Make a left just past the fire department building on Honeysuckle Rd.
- Take Honeysuckle Road up the hill, around curve and look for first road to left: Black River Rd. Make a left onto Black River Rd.
- Take Black River Rd. Looking for Sign for Franko Recreation Area on your left. Do not take 1st Driveway for park, to the left just before the stone house. Take 2nd Driveway for the park, to the left, a few 100 feet beyond the stone house. This 2nd driveway leads to the parking area. The soccer fields are just to the right of the parking area as you enter.
From the West:
- Take Emmaus Avenue heading East, thru lighted intersection w/ S. Fourth St. (Dunkin Donuts, CVS to your right).
- Proceed on Emmaus Ave. Sign for Salisbury High School will appear on left. Continue past this ~ 3/4 mile looking for Honeysuckle Rd. to your Right, just before the Eastern Salisbury Fire Department.
- Make a right onto Honeysuckle Road.
- Take Honeysuckle Road up the hill, around curve and look for first road to left: Black River Road. Make a left onto Black River Road.
- Take Black River Road. Looking for Sign for Franko Rec. Area on your left. Do not take 1st Driveway for park, to the left just before the stone house. Take 2nd Driveway for the park, to the left, a few 100 feet beyond the stone house. This 2nd driveway leads to the parking area. The soccer field is just to the right of the parking area as you enter.